The L&R Kimbe Swell Spot utilizes the same core principles of fluid dynamics and lymphatic stimulation as the Tribute and Caresia lymphedema products. You can use the Kimbe Swell Spot anywhere; extra help is needed to reduce swelling and break up fibrotic tissue. Swell Spots’ unique foam particles nestle into tissue to create localized tissue stretch and pressure differential when used with bandaging or compression garment protocol. This tissue stretch opens initial lymphatic gaps to encourage the re-absorption of interstitial fluids and particles. This stretching means the Kimbe Swell Spots help to break up fibrosis and move fluid where it needs to go!
The fabric is comfortable, breathable, washable, and has thermal release. Grey microfiber fabric grips the skin and encourages gentle tissue stretch, opening the initial lymphatics and encouraging re-absorption. Furthermore, swell spots help to break up fibrosis while protecting delicate skin. Finally, they disperse irregular pressures to prevent compression hot spots.
The L&R Kimbe Swell Spot works well with the Sigvaris CompreShort Capri and Wear Ease Compression Short. Anytime you add compression to the swell spot you will get better results because the compression helps to push that foam into the affected area.
BENEFITS OF FOAM CHIP THERAPY FOR LYMPHEDEMA
Compression therapy is a standard treatment for lymphedema because it helps to reduce swelling. Furthermore, it improves circulation in the affected area. Foam chips are a compression therapy that can be particularly effective for managing lymphedema and breaking up fibrotic tissue.
Here are some of the benefits of using foam chips to treat lymphedema:
- Customizable Compression: Foam chips can be easily molded to fit the shape of the affected area, providing customized compression that can target specific areas of swelling.
- Comfortable: Foam chips are made from soft, lightweight foam, which makes them comfortable to wear for extended periods.
- Easy to Use: Foam chips are easy to apply and remove, making them a convenient treatment option for lymphedema. Unlike other types of compression therapy, such as bandages or compression garments, foam chips do not require any special training or expertise to apply.
- Durable: Foam chips are durable and can be reused multiple times.
- Versatile: Using foam chips to treat lymphedema in various body parts, including the arms, legs, and torso, makes it versatile.
- Improved Quality of Life: By reducing swelling and discomfort, foam chips can improve the quality of life for those with lymphedema.
CARE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SWELL SPOT
Taking care of your Solaris Labia Swell Spot™ is as easy as using them in your current lymphedema protocols. To wash your Swell Spots™:
- Toss them in your washing machine with an average load of laundry and machine dry.
- Do not use bleach or fabric softeners in the washing and drying process.
- Tumble dry on a permanent press to help fluff up foam chips.